At the Swadhin Nursing Institute, the following courses are offered:
GNM or General Nursing and Midwifery
Over the span of three years, the trainees begin their training with the basic skills and eventually the required professional skillset. After completing this course, the students will be awarded a diploma.
BSc in Nursing
This 4-year undergraduate program is available for all students who have completed class 12th. In this program, students learn communication skills, taking care of patients, recording necessary information like vitals, and performing various diagnoses. After completion, the trainees may then apply for jobs in the health sector.
The trainees fulfilling the below criteria are eligible for any of the above courses.
- These courses are currently open for female trainees only; hence only female candidates can apply.
- The candidate must have completed matric and intermediate, in other words, have a minimum 12 of years of education
- Have obtained at least 40% marks in any of the following programs:
- Vocational ANM course – Recognized by the INC (Indian Nursing Council
- Vocational Stream-health Science recognized by the CBSE board
- State Open School (recognized by the NIOS) candidates are eligible; however, preference will be given to Science.
- English is compulsory as a prerequisite.